Thursday, December 9, 2010

End of the Semester


Well the semester’s over.  No more finals, no more research papers, no more homework.  I can’t believe how quickly this semester went by and now I only have a few more days until I go home.  It is a little sad that I have to say goodbye to all my friends, but tonight my roommates and I are going to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony at the White House, so it should be a fun one last get together. 

I’m graduating this semester after all my grades are turned in.  Next semester I am going to grad school at George Washington University in their master’s degree program in Political Management.  I am also interning at the Heritage Foundation.  I am pretty excited, but I’m a little nervous because my internship doesn’t start until after my schooling starts, so I have to find temporary housing for a while.  

In addition to housing, I have to find a place to store my things for a few weeks and figure out how I’m going to move all my things in and out of housing.  Plus look for ways to pay for grad school.  So looks like even though the semester is over I still have a lot of work ahead of me. 

Well, it has been a fun semester and I have learned a lot.  Now, I’m off to grad school.  A few weeks of relaxation, then back to the grindstone for me.  Hope you all enjoyed hearing about my semester in DC.  And I hope it helped you understand DC a little better.  If you are interested and have the chance, I recommend coming out here and see our nation’s Capital for yourself.  Have fun.   

No comments:

Post a Comment