Friday, August 27, 2010

WASSA

So, we had a WASSA meeting yesterday.  WASSA is short for Washington Semester Student Association and it's an organization which plans all the events on Tenley campus for the Washington and WISH students.  It's pretty cool and I feel like we already have a lot of great ideas for the upcoming semester.  I'm the event planner, so I'm excited to get some of our ideas in motion, but I'm also a little nervous because I'm in charge of all the events, so hopefully they all go well.

Last night we started planing our upcoming event, which is a kickoff luau.  I think it will be will a great mixer and an easy way for people to get together and meet.  We are going to have hawaiian food, lights, and a volleyball tournament.  We also have a few other ideas that we might throw into the mix as well.

We kicked around a few other ideas for events this year such as an open mike night, tailgating week (tons of outside games like bags and ladders followed by a football game at the end of the week), a halloween party, and international week.  I feel pretty good about it, the things we're planning seem pretty fun if I say so myself.

So I'm on the exec board, but anyone who wants to can come to the WASSA meetings, that what's so great about it because we all plan this together and no one has ever been on it before because we're only here for one semester.  It is kind of like we are discovering it together.  However, that does make for a challenge in an organizational way, but we'll figure it all out.        

No comments:

Post a Comment