Tuesday, November 16, 2010

White House Christmas Tree


Every year the White House does a Christmas tree lighting ceremony and the public can get tickets.  In order to get tickets you have to sign up for a lottery online.  There are two different types of tickets you can get.  There is a seating section and a standing section.  When you sign up for the lottery, you can try and sign up for five tickets at the most. 

I, of course, signed up for the lottery. And I tried to get five tickets.  I signed up and waited.  Well the wait is now over and come December 9th, I will be going to the White House to see the Christmas tree lighting ceremony.

The tickets I got are in the standing, not seated section, which is to bad, but it’s still cool.  The standing section is close, but it does not have a view of the stage.  However there are screens sets up to view the stage.  And I will still be able to see the tree light up on the White House lawn.  Plus I get to take 4 of my friends.

But wait, that’s not all, my roommate got five tickets to, so she gets to bring four more people.  This is will the perfect way to wrap up the semester, going and doing something fun (and cold) with all of us.  Something that is unique to DC.  An event that all of us who meet here can all enjoy together before we go home to our separate lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment