Sunday, September 5, 2010

Catching Up

Wow, so a lot has been going on, including a few technical difficulties, sorry in the delay of posts.   Anyway, so school is definitely getting under way and I need to remind myself that I am a student again and that summer is over, a sad fact of reality that I'm not ready to admit yet.  And writing this blog is me telling myself that I am doing some form of work, while actually not doing schoolwork.  All my textbooks showed up so I have to start actually reading them, no longer using the excuse of, I don't have them, oh well.  And the assignments that I've been putting off are actually becoming due, so I need to stop procrastinating.

But the good thing about all that, is that while school stuff is underway, so is the fun part.  WASSA is officially putting on its first event on Sunday the 13th and I get to plan it, with the help of everyone in the lovely organization.  Our event, like I mentioned earlier, is a luau and there will be Hawaiian food, courtesy of the cafeteria staff, and a volleyball tournament, not to mention lights, music, and a luau atmosphere.  It should be a fun time.  We also have a head start on a lot of other projects we are working on, such as a football tournament later in the month and promoting a bike tour.

However, my favorite part of things getting under way is the internship.  Now, my suggestion to you is to apply for everything, because you never know what will turn up. And follow up, even if you think that you  have the perfect one already, go to a few other interviews, just to practice, and maybe they will remember you in the future.  But really the internship is an awesome experience.  

For mine I am working on a fundraising project and I am at the entry level of researching prospective contributors.  Seriously, I had no idea what all that entailed until I had to do it.  I feel like I'm a spy, finding out anything and everything I can about people.  It may sound strange, but it is really cool.  That's the best part about an internship, because you think you want to do something and then you get into in and find out that that job is really all about, and hopefully you are pleasantly surprised.

But, alas, I suppose I should be getting around to being productive and doing schoolwork, but don't worry, I'm sure I'll have many more procrastinating moments, so the entries will keep coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment