Thursday, October 7, 2010

Best Thing I Ever Consumed

Ok, I have accepted it.  I am OBSESSED with food.  Now I am sorry if you get bored with these rants, but READ THIS.  It will be well worth your while.

So we all know how midterms are.  You're super stressed out.  You're tired.  And you just want junk food. Well I had my midterm yesterday and today was the day to be fat and lazy.  I of course needed to feed my sweet-tooth.  Now, I have been craving M&Ms for a week, so my roommates and I decided to walk to the super market down the block, buy candy, then walk to the Washington Monument to work off the fattiness we were consuming.

HOWEVER, on the way to the market I had the best idea of my life, and that was to skip the walk and instead make cookies.  I wanted to make M&M cookies (of course, my craving).  My roommate though cannot eat chocolate (I know, her life sucks).  So we made peanut butter cookies and after we made plain ones for her, I threw in M&Ms and made the best peanut butter M&M cookies ever.

*Disclaimer: the market only had dark chocolate M&Ms (I know, who doesn't have original?) so we had even richer chocolatiness.  

I am not saying this to toot my own horn, but they were perfect and so hit the spot.  I mean, just out of the oven, still hot, chocolate peanut buttery goodness.

Now I am not blogging about cookies to brag.  I am simply doing so to spread the word to all because I know that I am not the only person in this world who sits at home, writing paper after paper, studying for midterms and needs a pick me up.  I'm telling you, cookies defiantly the way to go.  You kill two birds with one stone.  You get a break from homework.  Get to socialize while baking.  And are left with a delicious, rich treat that you can share with everyone.

All you have to do is go online and find a good peanut butter cookie recipe that you like (Joey's peanut butter cookies on Allrecipes.com) and throw some M&Ms in there.  Totally worth it.

Oh, and you should mad share them because you don't want these cookies sitting in your house.  Make sure you can give them away.  Or hope you have more will power than me.  I don't even want to disclose how many cookies I consumed in the last two hours.

Wow, I can't believe I just wrote a blog about cookies.  I am such a fatty.  Oh well, you only live once, might as well live large!

No comments:

Post a Comment