Monday, October 25, 2010

Latin/South American Day


So International week started today.  Today’s theme was Latin/South America.  And of course I am going to lead off with this comment.  The food was really good.  Now, I know what you’re thinking.  “Laurel, this is cafeteria food.  Come on.”  But I must say, they make good black bean tacos.  And I don’t know what they were, but the little corn muffin things=delicious. 

We originally wanted to have salsa dancing for our activity, but a change in the dates created a conflict and we ended up doing piñatas instead.  Which I must say works well on multiple levels. 1) It’s that time of year when all you papers are getting due and the semester’s winding down and you must decide you future.  Or in other words, it’s a perfect time to whack inanimate objects for entertainment.  2) Once you whack to your hearts content, you are rewarded with candy.  And anyone who has been keeping up with this blog should know, I’m not about to snub candy.   

We also put up a map, so students could mark where they are from and at the end of the week we can see all the different countries represented on our campus.  I marked my spot, right in Illinois.   

The cafeteria wasn’t quite set up the way we planed it because none of the decorations we ordered came in yet.  But they should be here by tomorrow and we can make it look like the United Nations on steroids.  (Not that I encourage drug use, that was strictly metaphorical.)

But I should go now, and prepare myself for more WASSA filled international fun.   

No comments:

Post a Comment