Sunday, October 3, 2010

Flag Football

So WASSA had its flag football event yesterday.  It was pretty fun; however I expected it to be a fun, carefree game of flag football.  This was not the same idea that the team of marines had when they showed up and found out that they had to have at least one girl on their team.  That team of course won, but I like to think that my playing gave them some opposition.  There was that one time when I blocked them. (And yes by block I mean accidentally aimlessly wander in front of them and then screaming at the fact that they were running towards me.)

The game was fun though and for those who actually knew how to play football it probably was more so.  For me it included running around the field acting like I had an idea of what I was suppose to do.  I got to play quarterback once, but after I threw the ball to the wrong team, which resulted in the other team scoring a touchdown, I was demoted to center and my only job was to hike the ball to the quarterback and just stand there afterwards.

We ended up playing two games and I lost both times.  Oh, well.  Not that surprised, although I do think that my team deserved a handicap for having me on it.  The winning team ended up getting bags, which is fine by me because I already have several of those.  Speaking of which were was mine?

Oh, that's right, I left my bag in the office of our advisor who left and thus locked my bag away, with my ID, wallet, and money in it.  Actually it wasn't too bad though.  I just called pubic safety, verified that I was indeed who I said I was and they let me in within half an hour.  I was actually surprised at how fast they were and they totally helped me out because otherwise I would have been chilling at Tenley until Monday.      

No comments:

Post a Comment