Saturday, October 23, 2010

International Week

So WASSA is preparing for international week.  It will be the last week of October and we have a lot of really fun things planned.  I know this sounds silly, but I am pretty excited about what we have lined up, even though it will take a lot of time, but oh well, I can sleep when I’m back home.

We are making everyday a different continent or country and we are doing events like salsa dancing, international trivia, Oktoberfest, and an awareness movie.  We are also working with the caf and they are making menus with food that coincides with that country’s dish.    

I am in charge of the day we are doing Oktoberfest.  We are mixing it with fall and Halloween, so we actually have a lot planed for that day.  We are doing pumpkin carving, bobbing for apples, and a pie-eating contest.  We are actually giving a prize for the best pumpkin carved.  The prize is a $20 metro pass, which trust me, everyone wants.  Metro credit is like gold.

Ok, so I have to go plan, but I’m getting ready for some awesome international excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment