Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oktoberfest


So Oktoberfest was really fun.  That was the International Week event we did yesterday.  And I’m not only saying it because I was in charge of it.  We had pumpkin carving that anyone who wanted to could participate in.  I made an elephant.  It was awesome and looked super cool.  It was really messy, but it’s not pumpkin carving if you don’t dirty.  I'm still washing the pumpkin feeling off my hands.    

We also had music, a popcorn machine (with delicious popcorn), and candy apples.  I had an apple with dark chocolate and it was so good.  Sorry, I just needed to add that.  

And then we had a pie-eating contest.  Of course I was participated.  I didn’t win though, I came in second.  My roommate won, so I can accept defeat.  However, let me explain the loss.  I had an entire meal, including fruit, salad, meat, two side dishes, and two desserts (I like to eat).  She however, hadn’t had anything to eat. But she did dominate, I can’t take that away from her. 

I must also say, I have seen pie-eating contests, but I didn’t realize how messy they were.  I had pie all over my face and I couldn’t breath because it was going in my nose.  It was not pleasant, not that I expected consuming an entire pie would be. 

And of course, I must comment, the food was good.  Our event was Oktoberfest, but the caf made European food with different counties featured.  They had the most amazing crepes.  I had to remind myself I entered into a pie-eating contest to refrain from consuming more.      

Ok, so writing a blog about how much I ate yesterday makes me realize that I need to go for a run, so I’m going to go be active.  National mall here I come.  Maybe a few times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment